Friday, December 20, 2013

Derma Rolling - Update 12/20/13 Fourth Roll

So WTF is dermarolling "YOU" say?
Well here is a slight explanation.

So in my ventures for new hair I came across this option being used now and decided "hey what the hell is there to lose?"

I ordered this guy at 1.5mm

My buddy who recently lost a lot of weight jumped on board as well because I read it can be used for tightening up loose skin.

I did my first go last night after soaking it for about an hour in rubbing alcohol to disinfect it and I will say it didn't hurt as much as expected. Like a lite tattoo'ing.


So here are a couple of shots of my head with specs in it.

Notice the spots of blood. I take it from info in this forum thread which is loaded with info from others doing it that this is what you want. I will say I did not bleed as much as I think I should have and trust me when I say I basically STEAMROLLED my poor noggin.

click below for pics

Update 1/9/14 Sixth(?) roll

Well got myself a 540 pin roller for the temples and I will say its a much different animal. Its great on an area with ZERO hair and goes right through the skin in like 2 passes creating more bleeding but DO NOT do it in an area with any hair or that shit is gone. It cuts right through hairs like a blah blah whatever cuts through something else.


I will say I overdid the right temple because of course there was one little spot that looked "missed" and now its a bit red and irrated but since I only did like 4 passes on the left it looks no different that using the 192 pin roller. 
WHICH I DROPPED last night and now need to buy another cause the pins are all bent.
So benefits of the 540 pin
  • Less passes
  • Bleed much more
  • MUCH more coverage. You can see the more coverage per mm by the dots it leaves.
  • Honestly you dont even feel it. Honestly this one might be sharper but because there are so many pins you barely feel it
Disadvantages
  • DO NOT use in hair populated area. Its like deforestation on your head. IF you have longer hair.
  • DO NOT over do it. If you see an area that is missed just leave it for next time. Its REALLY easy to go overboard
Really thats it. I think Im going to stock with the 540 for my temples but just not go as hard on the right side next time. 



Update 12/20/13 Fourth Roll
So fourth roll out and not seeing anything in the way of results aside more bleeding and much more pain. This could mean the scalp is breaking up and loosening which should be a good sign.
I may go to an every 2 week session in stead of weekly from here on due to some reading on the frequency of using a 1.5mm roller. I also may upgrade to a 500+ pin roller from the 192 to just cover more area at once.

Here's some pics

This is my setup. Alcohol and boiling water for cleaning before, during and after the roll.


As you can see the redness and bleeding has increased



The roller is actually getting bloody as well now


After rolling I soaked in a nice epsom salt bath. Supposedly the magnesium sulfate is good for wounds and hair. I was doing it anyway for my tendinitis but since reading it was beneficial for hair I decided to just soak my head a little bit as well.

I may not be updating this for a while until I either see results or decide its not working and stop. Also I may be finally going through with the hair transplant and I may be taking some time off from this anyway in a while.


Update 12/13/13 Third Roll

Not bleeding so much and the blood clots VERY fast. Even though Im pounding my head with these needles I just don't really do a ton of bleeding.
Three weeks in and you really can't expect any results but hey I'm willing to try anything for a good head of hair back.

That bald spot makes me want to murder everyone with hair, if a Mad Scalper starts terrorizing the public I guess you all know where to look.




12/5/13 second roll

Well as you can see there is a little more piercing and bleeding this time. I let the little lady go at it a bit but I think she enjoyed it a bit to much. There is a little vid we took I might put up.




In person the blood looked much worse. Keeping my fingers crossed.


First Roll - 12/1/13




After about 7 days I guess Ill be at this again. Im going to aim for Friday nights.
My schedule is basically
MINOX foam 2x a day
Nizoral Shampoo mon-weds-sat
Rolling now Friday nights so I can keep my Saturday Nizoral dance party since you don't want to use it or MINOX for around 24 hours after rolling. 




Vid of the process. You can see the greater amount of blood in the vid.








1 comment:

  1. derma rolling service in reading . Clinical Skin Needling is the most recent pores and skin renewal method to revive the whole some youth full look of your pores and skin at a fraction of the price with minimal to no downtime. The needles penetrate by means of the pores and skin to create micro channels to maximize the absorption of topically utilized skincare. Also visit my site derma rolling service in reading and know more.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Hello, Anyone..... Hello