Monday, December 30, 2013

Hey HULU wha happund?!

Yes I LOVE me some HULU. Been a plus subscriber since like day one. In fact it was the main factor in cutting cablo off.
Yes NETFLIX is great to but honestly I like HULU. I like the ongoing programming changes, regular TV schedules and actually appreciate the commercials (Sorry but I do).

But the other day my HULU on the PS3 updated and removed one feature. You can no longer use your PS3 DVD remote to control HULU. NOW I don't even own the remote but this same change pretty much disqualified any secondary remote being used as a navigation device, AND mine of choice was my Move controller.




Sounds dumb right???? Well it's not. This is possibly the MOST comfortable way to navigate ANYTHING in the world. If I could drive my car with this thing it would be great. I would use this to navigate the crisper drawer in my fridge.
Its perfectly contoured, just the right size, and has everything you need to nav and control the system.

On the HULU technical issues forums people are pretty much pissed about this.
One guy got an email response from them

"Thanks for contacting us about the most recent update to our PS3 application. Unfortunately we were unable to include functionality for the PS3 Media/Blu-ray Disc remotes in this most recent update. My apologies for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused you.
We do not have a definitive timeline for adding this feature in future updates, but you can still use your PS3 controller to navigate Hulu in the meantime. I've included steps at the bottom of this email for logging back in to our app, if you haven't already done so, since this update requires you to log in once more. If you do not remember your password, you can head to ( www.hulu.com/forgot ) on the computer and use the "Forgot Password" feature.
We have not stopped working on improving the app"

I will say I will use the ps3 controller but honestly HATE it. Its awkward, clunky and MOST of all whenever I put the stupid thing down it sits right on the trigger buttons either skipping, fast forwarding or reversing whatever I'm watching. I literally have to place the thing down like its filled nitro glycerin in order not to screw up what I'm watching. 

There is a simple work around by changing your move or remote to controller one in the settings while in HULU but this defaults every time you reset the system. 

HULU FIX THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Hello, Anyone..... Hello