Monday, October 1, 2012

Hair Loss - updated

Well anyone who knows me personally knows I am a vain SOB. To me, and as my good friend Jamel agrees, there is nothing wrong with vanity. I personally see vanity like bigotry; we are all vain (like bigoted) to some degree. Pride is vanity so whether your concerned with your looks, knowledge, family or things you own you are vain. There is how ever a difference between being vain and being conceded.
Growing up I was always a pretty damn good looking guy and always worked hard at my physical appearance. I worked out, ate right and dressed well (on the cheap anyway).
Well in my mid twenties the worst thing started happening hard core. I started losing my hair. This was only made worse by the fact that both my younger brother and older sister have full thick heads of hair. I shaved my head for a while and was told it looked good but believe me shaving your head has a WHOLE NEW type of maintenance that can be even more exhausting than having hair. You have to make sure its trimmed at all times, you get nasty ingrowns on your head at times, you have to make sure you trim your bows (nothing worse than a clean head and push broom brows), and for me anyway make sure your face is clean because 5 o'clock shadow didnt look good with a shaved head.
When I had a nice thick head of hair I could get away with alot more around that because you had multiple ways of styling your hair for the occasion instead of one fixed way you HAD to look.

Anyway I tried propecia but it was expensive as all hell. I have used rogain with no noticeable results and recently switched to the generic equat brand because its 1/3rd the price and has the same ingredients. I still eat right, take vitamins and work out but now Im going to try a few new things.

Im adding  a new shampoo that I have been reading about, Alpecin
Im adding a strictly B-complez/Zinc vitamin to my daily mix along with the saw palmetto.
Lastly Im going to my docs and asking for a script to Proscar. Proscar is a prostate medication that has the same effects and ingredient finasteride that propecia has but at again 1/4 the price.

I will try to update this post as time goes and let people know my progress. The fact that my siblings have great hair leads me to believe I can too and that it is hidden in my genes somewhere. They both had shit teeth which look fine now due to braces later in life so there should be no reason I can make the change too.

wish me luck.

The Darkness - Bald

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bald_%28The_Darkness_song%29


Interesting article on IO9 about baldness, nice timing.
http://io9.com/5948509/men-with-shaved-heads-appear-more-masculine-study-finds 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Hello, Anyone..... Hello