Tuesday, June 26, 2012

FPse

This review is for FPse for android a pretty nifty PSx emulator.

 So far I have only tested this with Diablo 1 and one of my personal all time favorite games, Soul Reaver Legacy of Kain. Aside some stuttering in Soul Reaver with the audio, which I'm sure could be trouble shot out, the games both functioned fantastically.
I will say I hate capacitive buttons for game playing and on my smaller nexus s it was a bit tough to use the R2/L2 buttons but was still loads of fun. Coupled with one of the blue tooth controller add on apps this could bring you endless fun in reminiscing with some old favorites.
There are of course some legalities as you "can only" use back ups of games you own and tha...... fuck that everyone knows you no longer own these games but for the few times you will pick them up and play does it really matter. I mean I did own soul reaver, fuck I completed it like 12 times so doesn't that count for something?

Anyway the app costs about 5$ but is very well done. I personally found a file shared APK to test it for a day or two then plopped the money down for the dev because let's be fucking serious the 15 minute return policy doesn't give you much time to figure the app out and decide if games work. There are certain apps that need to have a bit of a better return policy but again android APK's litter the internet so find one test it and if its good then do good by the dev.
I am now putting the app on my rooted Kindle Fire and going to use it with a 360 controller to play through some older favs of mine.

There are also Wikis and threads all over telling you the compatible games and settings that work best for them. You will also need to find the PS1 Bios file to run the games but that should take you all of 10 minute ago to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Hello, Anyone..... Hello